Note: This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
So, you have a date tonight and you’re so nervous about the potential of having awful awkward silences. But, there is a way to not let this happen. Just come prepared with a list of questions to ask your boyfriend. These questions will ensure those awkward silences don’t happen.
The best thing to do is to get him talking about himself. Generally speaking, there’s not a man alive who doesn’t like to talk about himself. Keeping the questions coming will keep the conversation flowing easily.
Don’t ask questions that delve too deep into your date’s psyche. At least, not right away. Unfortunately, you may end up scaring him instead of attracting him. Just have fun asking simple questions. This will make him more comfortable.
Without further adieu, here are a few ideas for some good questions to ask your boyfriend:
- What do you like best about yourself?
- What is the wildest thing you have ever done?
- If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?
- If you found a bag of money along the side of the road, what would you do with it?
- What is your favorite holiday memory?
- If you could be a car, what kind of car would you be and why?
- Did you have a nickname in high school?
- If you could do anything in the world, with no consequences, what would you do?
- Do you have any regrets in your life?
- When you lay your head down at night, what do you feel most grateful for?
Remember, don’t ask these questions interrogation-style. Ideally, you’ll want to keep him talking and laughing. If the date goes well and the awkwardness is avoided, you stand a great chance of getting another date.
If he’s prepared for this date as well, you may find yourself having to answer some questions about yourself. Be as honest as you can be. Always make eye contact, too. If you don’t look him in the eye, he may find you less than trustworthy. In an ideal world, you want him to trust you.
Keep the good feelings at the forefront and try not to do anything that will make him doubt you. You both need to get to know each other. These questions will break the ice while helping you learn more about your man.
These questions to ask your boyfriend only scratch the surface of the things the two of you can talk about. Luckily, as you get to know each other more, subjects and topics will come naturally. After that, you can dive deeper and more personal. Above all, keep it cool and light.
Got something to say? Let us know in the comments below!